Eight names will be added to the Waterloo Region Hall of Fame this year.
The hall honours individuals and organizations for their significant contribution to the community, and is overseen by a board of governors with representation from across the region.
The 2021 inductees are:
- Nathan Brannen, Track & Field
- Colin Doyle, Lacrosse
- Kenneth Goodman, Military Heritage
- Jean Haalboom, Heritage Advocate
- Keith Priestman, Badminton
- Marilyn Sararas, Community Service
- Vincent Smith, Community Service
- Graham & LuAnn Snyder, Hockey
Once again, due to the pandemic, celebrations will happen virtually this year. Videos highlighting the contributions of each inductee will be posted to the Waterloo Region Hall of Fame website on April 25.
More than 550 individuals and groups are now in the Hall of Fame.