Region of Waterloo Public Health reported 18 new COVID-19 on Thursday.
The overall total is now at 18,241.
The active caseload is down to 144.
There are currently 21 people receiving treatment in a local hospital; 17 are in intensive care.
Latest COVID-19 hospitalization data for WR - these numbers reflect patients who are actively infectious. A statement says, "Many patients who were hospitalized with COVID-19 remain in our care though they’re no longer infectious and are not included in the below numbers." pic.twitter.com/NuQQPBXnw3— Erin Anderson (@erinbailey_a) July 22, 2021
Over 80 per cent of residents 12 and over have received at least one dose of the vaccine, which works out to over 724,000 doses. Over 61 per cent of residents 12 and over have been fully vaccinated.
Here are some other updates from the region's dashboard:
- 4,576 cases have screened positive for variants of concern - 3,122 are the Alpha variant (first found in U.K.) - 21 are linked to the Beta variant (first detected in South Africa) - 1,079 are linked to the Delta strain (first located in India) - 96 are linked to the Gamma variant (first found in Brazil) - 258 cases where a mutation has been detected
- The local death toll remains at 281. No new deaths were reported Thursday
- 17,806 resolved cases (97 per cent)
- Over 535,700 tests have been done
- NEW Food Processing 11 (2 cases)
- Grand River Hospital (ICU-A)
- Trades & Related Services 19 (4 cases)
- Trades & Related Services 20 (2 cases)
- Congregate setting 5 (2 cases)
- Home Childcare Centre 5 (5 cases)
- Rising Oaks Early Learning Day Camp (8 cases)
- Warehousing 8 (4 cases)
- Hockey day camp at University of Waterloo (2 cases)
- General office setting 15 (3 cases)
- Manufacturing/industrial 39 (14 cases)
- St. Mary’s General Hospital (Fourth floor)
The rest of the provincial COVID-19 totals are posted below:
- 8.27 million residents fully vaccinated --- 18.6 million doses have been administered
- 548,794 total cases
- 538,124 resolved cases
- 140 people are in hospital - 141 are in intensive care (***This number includes patients who are in an Intensive Care Unit (ICU) levels 2 and 3 flex, neonatal, pediatric and adult. It includes people who are on ventilators and people who are not***) - 84 are on a ventilator
- 9,307 deaths (7 new)
- 19,599 tests completed Wednesday --- Over 16.41 million since January 15, 2020