A look at upcoming local events from The Mike Farwell Show on 570 NEWS.
You can also listen live for "What's on Wednesday" every Wednesday at 11:45 a.m.
Matthew Griffin was diagnosed with autism on October 15th, 1993.
To mark the 25th anniversary of his diagnosis, the Kitchener man is hosting a day-long webcast in support of the Children’s Miracle Network.
The live gaming webcast begins at 8 a.m. on Sunday, October 14th and the goal is to raise $2,500.
You can link to it here.
This is Fire Prevention Week! The Kitchener Fire Department is encouraging us to “Look, Listen, and Learn” from October 7th to 13th.
LOOK for potential fire hazards around your home.
- Always stay in the kitchen while cooking. If you must leave, turn off the stove
- Encourage smokers to smoke outside. Always extinguish cigarettes in large, deep ashtrays that cannot be knocked over
- Check electrical cords for damage such as fraying or nicks. A damaged cord can expose wires and result in a potential shock or fire hazard
LISTEN for the smoke alarms in an emergency.
- Make sure everyone knows the sound of the smoke alarms and can hear them in an emergency
- Early detection of fire provided by smoke alarms gives you the extra seconds you need to get out safely
LEARN two ways out of every room.
- Practice a home fire escape plan with everyone in your home before a fire starts so you and your family can get out quickly