A Kitchener man is facing a long list of charges following a single vehicle collision involving a stolen vehicle.
The vehicle ended up in a ditch on Wellington Road 26 near Sideroad 15, in Guelph-Eramosa Township, late Sunday evening.
Witnesses told provincial police they saw the alleged driver walking away from the scene. Police also determined the vehicle was stolen from Waterloo Region earlier in the day.
Early Monday morning, with help from the emergency response team and canine unit, the suspect was taken into custody near the scene of the crash.
OPP have charged 31-year-old Justin MCMILLAN with;
- Operate Motor Vehicle While Prohibited (6 counts)
- Drive While Suspended (2 counts)
- Possession of Property Obtained by Crime Over $5000
- Fail to Comply with Probation Order
- Possession of Break-In Instruments
The accused will appear in a Guelph court at a later date.