Waterloo Regional Police are once again reminding residents to use caution when selling items online.
It comes after a robbery connected to an online transaction.
Police say on Saturday evening, the victim had prearranged to meet someone to make a purchase in the area of Scott Road in Cambridge.
During the interaction, the victim was assaulted and had his property taken.
Anyone with information about the robbery is asked to call police at 519-570-9777 or Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-8477.
Police advise the following when selling items online:
- Meet in well-lit public locations that are known to have surveillance cameras
- Be wary of the location changing at the last minute
- Bring a friend, or let someone know when and where your meeting is taking place
- Do not carry a large amount of cash with you
- If anything appears suspicious, call police immediately