Residents of the region can tour an ION train next weekend.
On Saturday, November 24, a train will be stopping at nine stations along the route.
It will start at the Fairway station at 10:30 a.m. and end at the Conestoga station at 4:45 p.m., stopping at each station for 30 minutes.
Staff with ION and Grand River Transit will be on hand to answer any questions.
People can tour the train during each stop, but not ride it from station to station.
ION's operations and maintenance partner, Keolis, will also be collecting non-perishable food items for the Food Bank of Waterloo Region.
The full schedule is posted below:
ION station tour - approximate schedule
1. Fairway 10:30 - 11:00 a.m.
2. Mill 11:10 - 11:40 a.m.
3. Kitchener Market 11:45 a.m. - 12:15 p.m.
4. Kitchener City Hall 12:20 - 12:50 p.m.
5. Central (northbound platform) 1:25 - 1:55 p.m.
6. Allen 2 - 2:30 p.m.
7. Waterloo Public Square 2:40 - 3:10 p.m.
8. Laurier-Waterloo Park 3:30 - 4 p.m.
9. Conestoga 4:15 - 4:45 p.m.
Due to technical issues with Bombardier, the ION is not expected to be up and running until the spring.
The chief operating officer at Bombardier has committed to all 14 LRT vehicles being in Waterloo Region by the end of December.