Skip to content

About $100,000 in damage after house fire in Kitchener

Kitchener Fire says the fire started when a new homeowner turned on a gas fire place accidentally.
0
Kitchener Fire Department truck
Leah Johansen/KitchenerToday

A family has been displaced after a house fire in the Doon area of Kitchener.

Kitchener Fire crews were called to a home on Evens Pond Crescent just after 9:00 p.m. Wednesday, and noted heavy black smoke coming from the front door.

The cause? Crews say the new homeowner accidentally turned on the gas fire place, while combustibles were nearby.

The fire itself was in the living room, and crews were able to put it out and allowed the smoke to clear from the home.

There was only one person home at the time.  They were able to escape before crews arrived.

Damage is estimated around $100,000, primarily due to smoke.




Comments


Mark Pare

About the Author: Mark Pare

@MarkLPare
Read more
Rogers Media
230 The Boardwalk Kitchener, ON, N2N 0B1 © 2006-2020 Rogers Media. All rights reserved.