The Kitchener Rangers have added to their front lines, snapping up a set of twins from Port Colborne in the 2020 OHL Priority Selection.
They took centre Andrew Leblanc with their first round pick, 17th overall, and followed that up with twin brother Jacob at 42nd overall.
Andrew was quite the offensive threat with the Southern Tier Admirals program.
Last year, he posted 68 points in 31 games. That includes 25 goals.
Defenseman Jacob is described by OHL Central Scouting as a "solid two-way defender that seemed to gain confidence with the puck as the season went on."
"He quarterbacked one of the best power plays in minor midget and makes very good pass-shot decisions with the puck."
Jacob posted 27 points in 32 games with the Admirals last season.
- 3rd round (47th overall): Trent Swick, a 6'4" left winger who played with the Leblanc twins with the Southern Tier Admirals last year. He was Andrew Leblanc's usual linemate
- 3rd round (53rd overall): Jackson Parsons, a goaltender with the Cornwall Colts
- 4th round (65th overall): Cutter Gauthier, a left winger from Northville, MI who some say "combines size, skill and speed as one of the top players in the USA for this age group"
- 4th round (67th overall): George Fegaras, a defenseman from Richmond Hill with "a big heavy shot from the point that he will use from anywhere in the offensive zone"
- 6th round (117th overall): Kai Dunits, a centreman from Ottawa who had 50 points in 44 games with the Kemptville 73's last season
- 7th round (137th overall): Nathan Lewis, a right winger who potted 104 points in 67 games last year with the minor midget Oakland Jr. Grizzlies
- 8th round (147th overall): Tucker Shedd, a defenseman from Holt, MI
- 9th round (177th overall): Marcus Vandenberg, a goaltender from Dorchester
- 10th round (182nd overall): Brett Henderson, a left winger from Oakville
- 11th round (217th overall): Kenny Connors, a centre from Glen Mills, PA
- 12th round (232nd overall): Devin Kaplan, a centre from Bridgewater, NJ
- 12th round (237th overall): Corbin Roach, a right winger from Belleville
- 13th round (257th overall): Owen Mehlenbacher, a left winger from Fort Erie
- 14th round (277th overall): Antonino Pugliese, a left winger from Hamilton
- 15th round (297th overall): Mick Thompson, a left winger from the New Jersey Avalanche
I guess I should also mention Jacob is a defenseman. Here's what we know about both twins, via the OHL site. pic.twitter.com/YDod94ZCOx— Mark Pare (@MarkLPare) April 4, 2020
With the 17th overall pick in the 2020 #OHL Priority Selection presented by @RealCdnSS, we are pleased to select Andrew Leblanc from the Southern Tier Admirals— Kitchener Rangers (@OHLRangers) April 4, 2020
Welcome to #RTown!#OHLDraft pic.twitter.com/sZ9Y8Wh0xi
The #OHLRangers third 3rd rounder (53rd overall) this year is G Jackson Parsons. A 0.929 save percentage last year with the Cornwall Colts. The fourth pick for Kitchener in this year's #OHLDraft, and the first not from Southern Tier.— Mike Farwell (@farwell_ohl) April 4, 2020