Visits to loved ones in Ontario long-term care, group homes and retirement homes are set to resume Thursday amid the COVID-19 pandemic but under strict conditions.
Last week, Premier Doug Ford said the province would allow the “cautious” restart of visits to homes that are not currently experiencing an outbreak.
"We need families to be able to see their loved ones and today we are taking the first steps to help reunite families," Ford said. "“We must move forward but we must do it so carefully."
The following conditions will be in place:
For long-term care homes:
- One visitor per resident at a maximum of one visit per week for an outdoor visit only
- Outdoor and indoor visits, with the number of visitors being left to the discretion of the home
- Must have tested negative for COVID-19 in the past two weeks and passed an active screening questionnaire
- Hands must be washed and/or sanitized upon arrival and departure
- All visitors must wear a mask, stay in designated areas and maintain physical distancing
Story by 680 NEWS