Region of Waterloo Public Health reported 92 new COVID-19 cases on its dashboard Saturday afternoon.
This brings the new total up to 8,913 cases for the region since March.
The number of active cases has decreased to 857 from 866 since Friday.
Here are some other updates from the Region's COVID summary dashboard on Saturday:
- 7,865 resolved cases (88 per cent).
- There have been 187 deaths in the region linked to the virus. The latest was confirmed on January 23.
- 41 cases are currently hospitalized (13 in ICU).
There are currently 41 active outbreaks in the region:
- Stirling Heights long-term care (two cases in staff)
- Golden Years long-term care (one case in staff)
- Chartwell Terrace on the Square (one case in staff)
- Chartwell Elmira Retirement Residence (42 cases in residents, 18 in staff)
- St. Andrew's Terrace long-term care (two cases in residents, two in staff)
- Highland Place Retirement Home (10 cases in residents, seven in staff, one death)
- Columbia Forest long-term care (12 cases in staff, two in residents)
- Briarfield Retirement Residence (one case in a resident, three in staff)
- Chartwell Westmount long-term care (62 cases in residents, 48 in staff, six deaths)
- Forest Heights long-term care (five cases in staff)
- Cambridge Country Manor (60 cases in residents, 70 in staff, 16 deaths)
- The Village at Winston Park Retirement Home (30 in residents, 35 in staff, six deaths)
- Luther Village on the Park Retirement Home (1 staff case)
- Cobble Creek Retirement Home (eight resident cases, three in staff)
- St. Luke's Place Long-Term Care (1 staff case)
- Derbecker's Heritage House Long-Term Care (1 staff case)
- The Village at University Gates Retirement Home (1 staff case)
- Congregate setting 22 (four cases)
- Congregate setting 20 (two in staff, one resident)
- Congregate setting 17 (six in staff, four residents)
- Congregate setting 18 (18 cases)
- Congregate setting 15 (two in staff, 17 residents)
- NEW Trades and Related Services 8 (three cases)
- NEW Warehousing 3 (three cases)
- General office setting 7 (6 cases)
- General office setting 6 (3 cases)
- Financial institution 1 (4 cases)
- Manufacturing/industrial 24 (five cases)
- Manufacturing/industrial 23 (two cases)
- Manufacturing/industrial 22 (two cases)
- Automobile sales/service 2 (three cases)
- Retail 4 (four cases)
- Manufacturing/industrial 21 (14 cases)
- Manufacturing/industrial 17 (27 cases)
- Food processing workplace 1 (161 cases)
- Public school board program (three cases)
- BrightPath Childcare Centre - Maple Grove (nine cases)
- St. Mary's General Hospital - 3 East Unit
- Grand River Hospital Mental Health Unit
- Grand River Hospital Children's Unit 3D N
- St. Mary's General Hospital 7th floor
The outbreaks at Beechwood Manor Retirement Home, Village at Winston Park LTC, Sunnyside Home long-term care - Laurel Creek and Paramedic station - North Division have ended.
Below is the provincial COVID-19 summary for Saturday:
- 252,585 total cases (2,359 new today).
- 222,287 cases are resolved (88 per cent).
- 5,753 related deaths (52 new today).
- 1,501 hospitalized (395 in the ICU).