Region of Waterloo Public Health reported 90 new cases of COVID-19 on Sunday, putting the overall total at 14,347.
Hospitalizations remain at 59, with 33 patients in intensive care.
No new deaths were reported, leaving the local death toll unchanged at 252.
The active caseload is 546.
Here are some other updates from the region's dashboard:
- 198,636 doses of the COVID vaccine have been administered --- 16,248 people in the region have been fully vaccinated (2.76 per cent)
- 1,950 cases have screened positive for variants of concern - 50 are the U.K. strain - two are linked to the variant first detected in South Africa - six are linked to the strain first found in Brazil - lineage to the other 1,892 has not been determined yet
- 13,530 resolved cases (94 per cent)
- Over 464,700 tests have been done
There are currently 18 active outbreaks in the region. 14 are in workplaces:
- Construction 14 (three cases)
- Warehousing 7 (four cases)
- Trades and related services 13 (two cases)
- Waterloo Regional Police (five cases)
- Willowbrae Academy Cambridge (10 cases)
- The Village at University Gates long-term care - Hagey Unit (three staff cases, one case in a resident)
- Food and beverage services 15 (three cases)
- Retail 9 (two cases)
- Retail 10 (two cases)
- Congregate setting 38 (one case)
- Retail 8 (10 cases)
- Retail 7 (six cases)
- Automobile sales/service 6 (four cases)
- Food processing 9 (26 cases)
- Financial institution 2 (four cases)
- Manufacturing/industrial 17 (22 cases)
- St. Mary's General Hospital - 4th floor
- Food processing 8 (seven cases)
Meantime, the province reported 3,732 cases Sunday.
The rest of the provincial COVID-19 totals are posted below:
- 375,280 vaccinations have been completed
- 470,465 total cases
- 425,163 resolved cases
- 1,961 people are in hospital - 895 are in intensive care - 615 are on a ventilator
- 8,102 deaths (23 new)
- 45,301 tests completed Saturday - 14.08 million since January 15, 2020