Region of Waterloo Public Health reported 68 new coronavirus cases on Monday. However, only 65 cases were added to the dashboard due to revisions to previous daily totals.
The overall local total is now 13,296.
Five more people are now being treated in hospital - 39 in total - 22 are in intensive care.
The active caseload is 608.
Here are some other updates from the region's dashboard:
- 147,440 doses of the COVID vaccine have been administered --- 15,738 people in the region have been fully vaccinated (2.67 per cent)
- 1,180 cases have screened positive for variants of concern - 40 are the U.K. strain - one is linked to the variant first detected in South Africa - one is linked to the strain first found in Brazil - lineage to the other 1,138 has not been determined yet
- No new deaths reported. The death toll remains at 247
- 12,425 resolved cases (93 per cent)
- Over 446,000 tests have been done
There are currently 22 active outbreaks in the region:
- NEW Congregate setting 37 (one case)
- NEW Sunnyside Public School (two cases)
- St. John's Kilmarnock School (two cases)
- St. Bernadette Catholic School (three cases)
- Construction 11 (four cases)
- Trades and related services 10 (three cases)
- Queensmount Public School (two cases)
- Retail 6 (five cases)
- Sales/Services (Automobile) 5 (two cases)
- Doon Village Retirement Home (two staff cases)
- St. Anne Catholic Elementary School, Cambridge (three cases)
- Congregate setting 36 (one case)
- Trucking 2 (two cases)
- St. Mary's General Hospital - 4th floor
- Highland Public School (three cases)
- General office setting 9 (two cases)
- Congregate setting 35 (four cases)
- Food and beverage services 14 (three cases)
- YMCA Brigadoon Child Care (six cases)
- Trades and related services 9 (two cases)
- Food processing 8 (three cases)
- Manufacturing/industrial 31 (seven cases)
Meantime, the province reported 4,447 cases Monday.
The rest of the provincial COVID-19 totals are posted below:
- 346,005 vaccinations have been completed
- 421,442 total cases
- 370,844 resolved cases
- 2,202 people are in hospital - 755 are in intensive care - 516 are on a ventilator
- 7,735 deaths (19 new)
- 42,873 tests completed Sunday - 13.46 million since January 15, 2020