Waterloo Region's health department reported 63 new coronavirus cases on Wednesday afternoon.
It puts the overall total at 12,333.
Hospitalizations are also down by one. 19 people are being treated for the virus in a local hospital, five are in intensive care.
The death toll remains at 243. The lastest death was reported on Thursday.
The active caseload is up again to 397.
Here are some other updates from the region's dashboard:
- 620 cases have screened positive for variants of concern - 38 are the U.K. strain - lineage to the other 582 has not been determined yet
- 11,680 resolved cases (95 per cent)
- Over 433,000 tests have been done
- 101,394 doses of the COVID vaccine have been administered --- 15,568 people in the region have been fully vaccinated (2.64 per cent)
There are currently 15 active outbreaks in the region:
- NEW St. Luke Catholic Elementary School (two cases)
- NEW Place of Worship 4 (two cases)
- Elite Day Care (two cases)
- NEW The Village at University Gates (one staff case)
- Holy Rosary Catholic Elementary School 3 (two cases)
- Health (optometrist) 2 (three cases)
- Holy Rosary Catholic Elementary School 2 (two cases)
- Construction 9 (three cases)
- Construction 10 (three cases)
- Holy Rosary Catholic Elementary School 1 (two cases)
- St. Mary's General Hospital - 3 East Unit
- St. John Catholic Elementary School (two cases)
- Manufacturing/industrial 31 (seven cases)
- Manufacturing/industrial 30 (six cases)
- University of Waterloo - (37 cases)
Meantime, the province reported 3,215 cases Wednesday.
The rest of the provincial COVID-19 totals are posted below:
- 370,817 total cases
- 1,397 people are in hospital - 504 are in intensive care - 311 are on a ventilator
- 335,583 resolved cases
- 7,475 deaths (17 new)
- 49,889 tests completed Tuesday - 12.79 million since January 15, 2020
- 324,783 vaccinations have been completed