Region of Waterloo Public Health posted an increase of 49 COVID-19 cases on its dashboard Saturday afternoon.
This brings the new total up to 2,958 cases for the region since March.
The total of 49 cases that were added today had one removed earlier this week.
The number of active cases has increased to 336 from 333 since yesterday.
Here are some other updates from the Region's COVID summary dashboard on Saturday:
- 2,500 resolved cases (84 per cent).
- 122 deaths have been linked to the virus. The latest was confirmed on November 15.
- 22 cases are currently hospitalized.
There are 23 active outbreaks in the region:
- Luther Village in the Park - Sunshine Centre (two cases in residents, one staff member)
- Pinehaven long-term care (one case in staff)
- Congregate setting 8 (two case)
- Congregate setting 7 (20 cases)
- Congregate setting 6 (two cases)
- Congregate setting 5 (one case)
- Trades and related services workplace 3 (three cases)
- Food and beverage services 4 (two cases)
- Sports and fitness facility - hockey related (six cases)
- General office setting 3 (three cases)
- Manufacturing and industrial workplace 2 (three cases)
- Construction 3 (six cases)
- Construction 2 (two cases)
- Sports and fitness facility - racquet sports-related (15 cases)
- Trades and related services 2 (two cases)
- Food processing workplace 3 (five cases)
- Algarve Restaurant (40 cases)
- Manufacturing and industrial workplace 3 (nine cases)
- Cambridge Memorial Hospital - Wing B (Level 4, Medicine B Unit)
- Sports and fitness - dance-related (two cases)
- Manufacturing and industrial workplace 4 (three cases)
- Manufacturing and industrial workplace 5 (three cases)
- Food and beverage services 5 (four cases)
Here's the rest of the provincial COVID-19 summary for Saturday:
- 102,378 total cases (1,588 new today)
- 86,079 cases are resolved (84 per cent)
- 3,472 related deaths (21 new today)
- 513 hospitalized (146 in the ICU)