Region of Waterloo Public Health is reporting nine new cases of the coronavirus.
A majority are due to close contact with another positive case, but the health department does point out the transmission type of 32 cases are under investigation.
There have been 1,722 total cases here since March.
Here are some other updates from the region's COVID summary dashboard on Wednesday:
- 153 active cases, one patient is still receiving treatment for the virus in hospital
- 1,449 resolved cases (84 per cent)
- 120 deaths in the region have been linked to the virus. No additional deaths have been reported since August 21
- 131,533 tests have been done (positive results in 1.3 per cent)
Meantime, an outbreak has been declared over at a sports and fitness facility where there ended up being three cases.
Outbreaks remain active at Kitchener-Waterloo Collegiate, three child care centres (Inspiring Minds Early Learning Centre, YWCA KW St. Paul Childcare, and FunCare Learning Centre), a food and beverage services workplace, as well as a congregate setting.
Here's the provincial COVID-19 breakdown for Wednesday:
- 51,710 total cases (625 new)
- 150 people are being treated in hospital
- 43,907 resolved cases (84.7 per cent)
- 3.92 million tests have been done
- 2,848 deaths (four new)