Region of Waterloo Public Health reported 56 new COVID-19 cases on Saturday afternoon.
This latest update brings the total number of COVID-19 cases to 10,960 since March.
The number of active cases has increased to 382 from 372 since Friday.
Here are some other updates from the Waterloo Region's COVID summary dashboard on Saturday:
- 10,334 resolved cases (94 per cent).
- There have been 232 deaths in the region linked to the virus. The latest was confirmed on March 5.
- 37 cases are currently hospitalized (six in ICU).
- 13,309 people in the region fully vaccinated.
There are currently 25 active outbreaks in the region:
- Forest Heights Long-Term Care (three staff cases)
- EduKids Childcare Centre (nine cases)
- Chartwell Clair Hills Retirement Home (one staff case)
- Manufacturing/industrial 28 (two cases)
- Congregate setting 34 (one case)
- Congregate setting 33 (two cases)
- Highland Place Retirement Home (one staff case)
- Congregate setting 5 (10 cases)
- Congregate setting 32 (one case)
- Place of worship 2 (six cases)
- Manufacturing/industrial 26 (two cases)
- Manufacturing/industrial 27 (two cases)
- Cambridge Memorial Hospital - Rehabilitation Unit
- St. John Catholic Elementary School, Kitchener (12 cases)
- Congregate setting 31 (two cases)
- Grand River Hospital - 5North and 5South
- The Village at University Gates long-term care - Wright Unit (three staff cases)
- Congregate setting 30 (36 cases, one death)
- Court at Laurelwood Retirement Residence (14 cases in residents, three in staff, three deaths)
- Congregate setting 26 (21 cases)
- The Village of Winston Park long-term care (seven cases in residents, eight in staff)
- Derbecker's Heritage House long-term care (15 cases in residents, seven in staff)
- Congregate setting 18 - multiple locations (123 cases)
- Chartwell Westmount long-term care (74 cases in residents, 71 in staff, 19 deaths)
The outbreaks at Howard Roberston Public School and St. Agnes Catholic Elementary School, Waterloo have ended.
Below is the provincial COVID-19 summary for Saturday:
- 306,997 total cases (990 new today).
- 289,735 cases are resolved (94 per cent).
- 7,052 related deaths (six new today).
- 620 hospitalized (278 in the ICU).
- 270,625 people fully vaccinated.