The regional health department added 47 new COVID-19 cases to its dashboard on Tuesday. That compares to 65 new cases on Monday.
It puts the overall total at 14,459.
The number of people being treated in hospital is down by seven to 52 --- 34 patients remain in intensive care.
The local death toll also remains unchanged at 252, while the active caseload is down slightly to 541.
Here are some other updates from the region's dashboard:
- 207,288 doses of the COVID vaccine have been administered --- 16,396 people in the region have been fully vaccinated (2.78 per cent)
- 2,065 cases have screened positive for variants of concern - 50 are the U.K. strain - two are linked to the variant first detected in South Africa - seven are linked to the strain first found in Brazil - lineage to the other 2,006 has not been determined yet
- 13,648 resolved cases (94 per cent)
- Over 469,000 tests have been done
There are currently 19 active outbreaks in the region. 14 are in workplaces:
- NEW Conestoga College - Waterloo campus (two cases)
- NEW Rising Oaks Early Learning Centre - St. Luke (two cases)
- NEW Health - pharmacy services 2 (two cases)
- NEW Food and beverage services 16 (two cases)
- Construction 14 (three cases)
- Warehousing 7 (six cases)
- Trades and related services 13 (two cases)
- Waterloo Regional Police (five cases)
- The Village at University Gates long-term care - Hagey Unit (three staff cases, one case in a resident)
- Willowbrae Academy Cambridge (ten cases)
- Food and beverage services 15 (three cases)
- Retail 9 (two cases)
- Retail 8 (10 cases)
- Retail 7 (seven cases)
- Automobile sales/service 6 (six cases)
- Food processing 9 (28 cases)
- Manufacturing/industrial 17 (22 cases)
- St. Mary's General Hospital - 4th floor
- Food processing 8 (seven cases)
Meantime, the province reported 2,791 cases on Tuesday.
The rest of the provincial COVID-19 totals are posted below:
- 378,085 vaccinations have been completed
- 476,692 total cases
- 432,109 resolved cases
- 2,167 people are in hospital - 886 are in intensive care - 609 are on a ventilator
- 8,143 deaths (25 new)
- 33,740 tests completed Monday - 14.15 million since January 15, 2020