Region of Waterloo Public Health reported 35 new COVID-19 cases on its dashboard Sunday afternoon.
This brings the new total up to 8,947 cases for the region since March.
The number of active cases has decreased to 780 from 857 since Saturday.
Here are some other updates from the Region's COVID summary dashboard on Sunday:
- 7,975 resolved cases (89 per cent).
- There have been 189 deaths in the region linked to the virus. The latest was confirmed on January 24.
- 41 cases are currently hospitalized (13 in ICU).
There are currently 37 active outbreaks in the region:
- Stirling Heights long-term care (two cases in staff)
- Golden Years long-term care (one case in staff)
- Chartwell Terrace on the Square (one case in staff)
- Chartwell Elmira Retirement Residence (42 cases in residents, 19 in staff, one death)
- St. Andrew's Terrace long-term care (two cases in residents, three in staff)
- Highland Place Retirement Home (10 cases in residents, eight in staff, one death)
- Columbia Forest long-term care (12 cases in staff, three in residents)
- Briarfield Retirement Residence (one case in a resident, three in staff)
- Chartwell Westmount long-term care (62 cases in residents, 47 in staff, seven deaths)
- Forest Heights long-term care (five cases in staff)
- Cambridge Country Manor (60 cases in residents, 70 in staff, 16 deaths)
- The Village at Winston Park Retirement Home (30 in residents, 35 in staff, six deaths)
- Luther Village on the Park Retirement Home (one staff case)
- Cobble Creek Retirement Home (eight resident cases, three in staff)
- St. Luke's Place Long-Term Care (one case in staff, one in resident)
- Derbecker's Heritage House Long-Term Care (one case in staff, one in resident)
- The Village at University Gates Retirement Home (one staff case)
- Congregate setting 22 (four cases)
- Congregate setting 20 (two in staff, one resident)
- Congregate setting 17 (six in staff, four residents)
- Congregate setting 18 (18 cases)
- Trades and Related Services 8 (four cases)
- Warehousing 3 (three cases)
- General office setting 7 (six cases)
- General office setting 6 (three cases)
- Financial institution 1 (four cases)
- Manufacturing/industrial 24 (five cases)
- Manufacturing/industrial 22 (two cases)
- Retail 4 (four cases)
- Manufacturing/industrial 17 (27 cases)
- Food processing workplace 1 (161 cases)
- Public school board program (three cases)
- BrightPath Childcare Centre - Maple Grove (nine cases)
- St. Mary's General Hospital - 3 East Unit
- Grand River Hospital Mental Health Unit
- Grand River Hospital Children's Unit 3D N
- St. Mary's General Hospital 7th floor
The outbreaks at a congregate setting, two manufacturing and industrial workplaces, and an automobile sales/service workplace have ended.
Below is the provincial COVID-19 summary for Sunday:
- 255,002 total cases (2,417 new today).
- 225,046 cases are resolved (88 per cent).
- 5,803 related deaths (50 new today).
- 1,436 hospitalized (392 in the ICU).