Waterloo Region's health department reported 34 new cases of COVID-19 on Friday afternoon.
There have been 10,904 total cases since the virus was first confirmed in the region one year ago.
Three more COVID-related deaths were also confirmed, two men in their 80s and a woman also in her 80s.
Since March 2020, there have been 232 deaths where the virus was a contributing factor.
Hospitalizations decreased by nine to 33, seven are receiving treatment in intensive care.
Here are some other updates from the region's dashboard:
- 135 cases have screened positive for variants of concern - 11 are the U.K. strain - lineage to the other 124 has not been determined yet
- The active caseload is down to 372
- 10,228 resolved cases (94 per cent)
- Over 384,000 tests have been done
- 13,309 people in the region have been fully vaccinated - 2.26 per cent
There are currently 29 active outbreaks in the region:
- Forest Heights Long-Term Care (three staff cases)
- EduKids Childcare Centre (eight cases)
- Chartwell Clair Hills Retirement Home (one staff case)
- Manufacturing/industrial 28 (two cases)
- Congregate setting 34 (one case)
- Congregate setting 33 (two cases)
- Highland Place Retirement Home (one staff case)
- Congregate setting 5 (10 cases)
- Congregate setting 32 (one case)
- Place of worship 2 (12 cases)
- Manufacturing/industrial 26 (three cases)
- Manufacturing/industrial 27 (two cases)
- Cambridge Memorial Hospital - Rehabilitation Unit
- St. John Catholic Elementary School, Kitchener (12 cases)
- St. Agnes Catholic Elementary School, Waterloo (six cases)
- Congregate setting 31 (two cases)
- Howard Roberston Public School (two cases)
- Grand River Hospital - 5North and 5South
- The Village at University Gates long-term care - Wright Unit (three staff cases)
- Congregate setting 30 (36 cases, one death)
- Court at Laurelwood Retirement Residence (14 cases in residents, three in staff, three deaths)
- Congregate setting 26 (21 cases)
- The Village of Winston Park long-term care (seven cases in residents, eight in staff)
- Derbecker's Heritage House long-term care (15 cases in residents, seven in staff)
- Congregate setting 18 - multiple locations (123 cases)
- Chartwell Westmount long-term care (74 cases in residents, 71 in staff, 19 deaths)
Meantime, the province reported 1,250 cases Friday.
The rest of the provincial COVID-19 totals are posted below:
- 306,007 total cases
- 643 people are in hospital - 280 are in intensive care - 183 are on a ventilator
- 288,583 resolved cases
- 7,046 deaths (22 new)
- 64,748 tests completed Thursday - 11.18 million since January 15, 2020
- 269,063 vaccinations have been completed